School of Business
The Business School Vision
To be a globally distinguished business school of choice, for research and teaching, by equipping graduates with 21st-century skills to adeptly provide business solutions in a competitive local and global corporate environment.
The Business School Mission
To advance knowledge through cutting-edge innovation and research and nurturing creativity to produce future leaders.
Why choose Pioneer International Business school?
- We embrace, value and encourage students’ development and career goals through training and nurturing programs.
- We are the most innovative and research-driven Business school of all times.
- We are one of the fastest growing schools of business
Our Competencies in the School of Business
Ability to tackle a problem using a logical, systematic and sequential approach: Approach a complex task or problem by breaking it down into its component parts and considering each part in detail i.e. weighing the costs, benefits, risks, and chances for success.
How to analyze an organization’s competitive position by considering market and industry conditions. We insist on our students’ understanding of an organization’s strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
Students should be able to notice, interpret and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings and communicate this empathetically to others, while keeping everything in perspective to ensure greater business goals and personal career objectives are achieved.
It is important to demonstrate the depth of knowledge and skills in a technical area: develop technical solutions to knew or highly complex problems that cannot be solved using general purpose methods.
Ability to look for and seize the opportunity and willingness to take calculated risks and achieve goals.
Sustainability-literate leaders are aware of emerging environmental and social trends, and the risks and opportunities they create for businesses.
The Business School’s Guiding Principles
The following are the core pillars that anchor our school
- Building an active interface between the university and business. The school achieves this through Students Career management skills by incorporating the industry demands in the university.
- Adopting Innovation possibilities through private-public partnerships; this is Client-focused and demand-driven initiatives.
- To ensure that our students receive the best education that we can render, we engage in continuous research to improve our methods, processes, technologies and instructional content.
- As educators we strive to inspire engaged learning in our students, instilling individual accountability while guiding them in the development of professional competence.
- Supporting students where there are specific obstacles and barriers in their career’s goals.
Courses in the School of Business
Bachelor of Commerce
The course has been designed to produce graduates to work in the areas of management, finance, accountancy, marketing, banking, consultancy, administration, and related fields. It also has a strong foundation for continued career growth. The course is structured to reflect the changing world of business and provide a firm foundation for the world of work both in the domestic and global scene. The course also provides students with a professional foundation tailored to policy formulation and practice in Business. Ethical principles and general studies have been adequately considered in the design of the course. From the third year, candidates shall specialize in one of the following disciplines: Accounting; Finance; Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Aviation management option.
Admission Requirements for Bachelor of Commerce
- To be eligible for admission into PIU, the applicant must be a holder of:
- KCSE certificate with a minimum of an aggregate of C+ (plus).
- EACE/KCE/KACE/EAACE certificate with a minimum of five (5) credits in any five subjects at ‘O’ level and two principals at A level.
- 12th-grade certificate with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.5.
- Be a holder of a CUE validated diploma with at least a credit or a professional certificate in the relevant discipline from a recognized institution of higher education.
Specific Entry Requirements
In addition to the general admission requirements into PIU, applicants must have a minimum of KCSE C (C plain) in both Mathematics and English or Kiswahili or the equivalent at ‘O’ level and ‘A’ level.
Other Diploma and Certificate courses on offer.
- Diploma in Business Management.
- Diploma in Oil and Gas.
- Diploma in Maritime Transport and Logistic.
- Diploma in Tourism and Management.
- Diploma in Credit Management.
- Diploma in Procurement and supply chain Management.
- Diploma in Real Estate and Property Management.
PIU Business School Professional Courses
Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
This a professional course in accounting which equip students with knowledge in the practices of accounting across the world. It prepares students for future opportunities in the areas of tax consulting, public sector accounting, payroll accounts etc.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
This a professional course in accounting which equip students with knowledge in the practices of accounting in Kenya mandated by ICPAK. It prepares students for future opportunities in the areas of tax consulting, public sector accounting, payroll accounts etc.
Certified Investment and Financial Analyst (CIFA)
This is a professional course in finance that equip students with knowledge in investments and financial analysis of corporates. This course offers opportunities to students in corporate firms such as Investment banks, insurance companies, and stock brokers.
PIU Business School Technical Courses
Accounting Packages- Quick Accounting , SAGE Accounting.
This course packages enables students to practically apply the accounting cycle through entry of accounting transactions on original books of entry, journals, ledgers and generate a trial balance. This course is useful as it provides practical experience of accounting as an art which prepares the students adequately for the job market.
Financial Modelling and Valuation
This course package enables students to embrace forecasting skills used for valuing businesses using discounted cash flows techniques, dividend discounting model and residual income model.
Statistical packages tools
This course package informs students on data analysis skills, processing, and presentation of findings. The students are practically taught on both excel and social science statistical packages (SPSS) and how they are applied in research.