- Must have an aggregate grade of C+ (C PLUS) in K.C.S.E. (or equivalent examination) and a minimum grade of C in Mathematics and English as well as in Physics
- Must have TWO Principal passes in ‘A’ level/Kenya Advanced Certificate of Education (KACE) in Physicsand Mathematics
- Must have a pass in Diploma in Management and Information Technology,or Diploma in Information Technology, or Diploma in Computer technology from a recognized Institution.
- Any other equivalent qualifications approved by Senate as equivalent to 1, 2, and 3 above.
Mission of BSIT Programme
The Mission of Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Programme at PIU (BSIT) is to rigorously train professionals with strong foundation in IT by the development of competency in specialized area of the field, then solve associated IT problems in a business setting. The principal means of accomplishing this mission is through a comprehensive interdisciplinary curriculum which begins with critical understanding of Mathematics for Technology, Computer Science/Computer Systems, Information Systems, Business, Humanities and Community Service. This provides the foundation for building towards state-of-the-art IT research and development. The programme has the following specific Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs) which provide a sound base in the principles of IT at appropriate levels training.
- Bachelor of Science in IT – Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Science in IT – Distributed Systems
- Bachelor of Science in IT – Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in IT – Networking and Administration
- Bachelor of Science in IT – Security and Cryptography