Our Vision & Mission
To be a world class market-driven university of excellence for the good of society. Pioneer International University is a market driven university in a class of its own dedicated to educating socially responsible citizens for active and dedicated lives as high caliber and competent leaders in their professions and their communities.
PIU directs its diverse resources on advancement of knowledge through cutting-edge research and innovation, melding its rich experiences into holistic educative processes that expand horizons, produce high caliber leaders, nurture creativity and meet the needs and ambitions of a culturally and internationally diverse range of stakeholders.
The University Philosophy is Education of the whole person. Through curricula encompassing the General Education, the core courses, the community services and team work through internship and projects.
Academic Excellence and impact, Individual development, Ethical Community, Inclusiveness, Innovation, Collaboration, Team work, Communication, Leadership, Opportunity, Critical Thinking
Our Governing Structure
Pioneer International University was established in September 2006, as a College and received University accreditation by the Kenyan government in 2012. This was driven by the need to develop well researched and market-oriented course programmes that shape the future of both the Kenyan and global economy.
We are located at the heart of the Kenyan capital Nairobi, 1.5 km from the central business district.
Pioneer International University (PIU) boasts of a combination of carefully developed curricula mapped with the world of work needs. The School of Aerospace Science and Maritime studies is the premier Aviation Training School at University level in the region.
Similar efforts dedicated towards being the Technology Institute (PIU is a Microsoft IT Academy) in the region. To this end, PIU students engage in practical work through mandatory industrial attachment programmes, projects and exhibitions.
We foster and support a visible network of action-oriented learning experiences for students and alumni supported by cutting-edge research and innovation to meet the needs and ambitions of a diverse range of stakeholders.
We are a vibrant learning community linking the academic world and industry through the effective use of personnel, facilities and state-of-the-art technology; placing us in a class of our own dedicated to educating socially responsible citizens for active and dedicated lives as high calibre and competent leaders in their professions and their communities.
Why Study In Pioneer International University?
- Highly qualified and dedicated lecturers.
- Affordable fees, payable in installments.
- Educational loans available from Higher Education Loans Board and in partnership with Equity Bank.
- A well-equipped library, inclusive of digital/online resources.
- State of the art computer labs and ICT facilities.
- 24-hour fast Internet access, ideal for research work.
- Hotspots – Internet access over wireless LAN.
- Hands-on research experience – student research emphasized from the very first year of the graduate program
- Social problem orientation – we recognize that scholars have a responsibility to produce research that addresses current issues and attempts to explain or resolve social problems.
- Vibrant intellectual culture.
- Credit transfers/ exemptions given to diploma holders in relevant fields.
- Flexible scheduling of courses – day, evening and weekend settings ensures opportunities for other activities are not lost.
- Mentoring Matters – faculty are deeply committed to mentoring students.
- Team building – all our students undertaking project work go for team building at designated areas. This provides an ‘outward bound’ experience in which students join together to face challenges as teams.
- A real community – an open and supportive environment, where faculty and students frequently collaborate.
- Serene and conducive environment for learning.
- Separate hostels for gentlemen and ladies.
- Transport to and from students’ destinations available.
- Walking distance from the Central Business District